[Gmecm] Hard cold starting

Jared Ryan jryan
Fri Jan 13 15:02:54 UTC 2012

I agree that Aaron's idea is definitely one to run down.  I had actually formulated such an idea in my mind a few days ago, but dismissed it, because I did not realize the ECM cycled the fuel-pump relay during the starting process.

I'll get out the VOM and check the voltage across the oil pressure switch connector terminals, and the switch itself.

What did you end up doing it to fix it in your situation?  Was it just the switch?  If so, perhaps the switch is taking too much pressure to close.