[Gmecm] Hard cold starting

Jared Ryan jryan
Sun Jan 15 03:17:07 UTC 2012

I have ruled out the oil-pressure switch as the cause.

I did in fact have a bad oil pressure switch.  It was as old as the car (it was used for the choke relay originally, and I used it for the TBI system when I converted it over).  I changed it out, and it started fine - once.  However, I let it sit for several hours, and just tried it a few minutes ago, and it was back to the same behavior.  It's about 45 F outside right now, much colder than the mid-60s when I changed the oil-pressure switch this afternoon.

It catches quickly and runs STRONG, but I can hear the idle slow down gradually, and that is when it dies.  It goes from a gradual idle slow-down 15-30 seconds or so after it catches, to dying.

What is the name of the table in TunerCat that I can modify to increase the delay for taking out the crank enrichment?