[Gmecm] Hard cold starting

Jared Ryan jryan
Sun Jan 15 04:56:40 UTC 2012

More than once, yes.  I verified the minimum air setting just the other day.  The TPS is not separately adjustable on this throttle body.

It starts VERY easily and runs very smoothly.  But something changes within the first minute of running, and wham, it quits.  (In summer, it may sag and hit the stall saver, but stay running, instead of dying totally.)  It runs beautifully in closed loop.  It has been a long time since I tried logging data, but as I remember, the BLMs hovered near 128 in the cells that showed anything in WinALDL.  Something is changing after it "catches" before it is warmed up, and that is what has me stumped.

What is the function of the "choke air fuel ratio multiplier vs. coolant temperature" table?  I have been Googling it and not finding a clear explanation.  In the $61 ANLU .bin, it goes from about 75 at warm coolant temperatures to about 96 at warm temperatures.

I do not see any table in TunerCat for a spark or choke delay or decay.