[Gmecm] Fwd: schematics for 02 bonneville and ECM to use

jayjunk at laserpubs jaysjunk
Fri Oct 12 21:54:27 UTC 2012

(ok, now that I've determined which email to send from...)

Hello
I was going to turbo my Buick 3.8 motor (LG3)
but I got a deal on a 3800 supercharged motor and trans from an 02
Bonneville.

Manuals/schematics:

I have a DVD (GM ESI) which sort of covers that car- but it's painful
getting schematics out of it, and they aren't that great anyway. (no color)

Can you recommend a source? Should I just settle for a Haynes manual?
Those don't cover supercharged models - would there be a difference in
wiring loom/ECM pinouts?

I really like the paper GM manuals I got for the LG3 car, but I don't
want to spend the $$$ (like $165 or more) for the equivalent Bonneville
manuals.

ECM to use:
To start, I hope to use the stock ECM.
But I won't have a cat or second O2 sensor, and don't have any other
systems from the car. Will this ECM have issues when it can't find the
rest of the system?

Suggestions welcome!

Regards
Jay