[Gmecm] schematics for 02 bonneville and ECM to use

Bob Workman bob.workman
Fri Oct 12 22:46:13 UTC 2012

I don?t know where you live, I live in Canada, Manitoba to be exact, and here I can go to PartSource ( kind of like PepBoys) and get a print out from Mitchell on Demand free.

You don?t mention what year your Buick is or which ECM is stock for it. I show the 02 Bonneville supercharged 3.8L as using 12209624 which is used in LeSabre, Park Avenue and Regal in 2001 & 2002.
If you do use the OEM ECM you are going to have to do some major ?tuning?. If the ECM is a common one you can likely get a copy of the supercharged Bin file as a starter.
If the original ECM is different from the Bonneville then you will have to determine if it will support your application and then use your Buick diagram for most of the wiring and add the needed supercharger wiring. In most swaps using the ECU from the original application is best. The Bonneville ECU is available in several other cars so you may get one from a pick-a-part yard.
This is NOT going to be a simple drop in swap!!!

You may find that this site http://www.gearhead-efi.com/ will give you access to a lot of useful info.
As well as http://ftp.diy-efi.org/gmecm/

Hope this helps
Bob