[Gmecm] flathead ford files?

alan mays truckeez
Sun Feb 3 23:49:08 UTC 2013

I recall speedway has an? individual port efi kit? ready on the shelf but they dont usually advertize it, prolly cost prohibitive for roll yer own crowd!

--- On Sun, 2/3/13, Bill Hamilton <scoutii76 at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Bill Hamilton <scoutii76 at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] flathead ford files?
To: "gm ecm" <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Date: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 5:45 PM

The initial chip set up is fairly easy.
Depending on which ecm is used.
You just pick the injectors or donor you wish to start with and calculate the initial BPW-base pulse width for the ecm to use for the calculations.
If using a later system then you input the injector flow and the cyl volume and the software calcs the BPW.
?
Personally I would start with a V8 bin and just set the BPW according to the new engine size and injector flow.
?
If running a stock 221 flat head it really wouldn't need much so a 2.8l V6?throttle body could be used on top.
CFM calculators are out there so ...
http://www.summitracing.com/expertadviceandnews/calcsandtools/cfm-calculator
A 221 at 4000rpm is only going to need about 200-250cfm.
?
I have?a BPW calculator uploded here.
http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56776&d=1303523915
?
The 2.8l TBI flows about 235-250cfm with an inj flow rate of 33lb/hr
The 4.3/5.0/5.7 TBI is about 500cfm and the 4.3 inj is 45lb/hr
?
so if we use the BPW spreadsheet.
221CI with 2- 33lb/hr injectors for the 2.8 TBI = a BPW of about 165.
?
So if using something like the 88-91 GM truck 1227747 ECM and a 2.8l TBI you set the BPW to 165 in the bin parameters.
Then when you start to drive it you will make corrections to the VE1 fuel table to achieve the proper fueling.
For timing you could take the factory distr specs and build your own timing table to replace the stock GM one which really is pretty anemic for an older iron engine.
?
This is only the tip of the iceberg to get started tuning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HTH
Bill

?