[Gmecm] TBI for 455 Olds

Wade wades
Thu Jan 24 15:20:36 UTC 2013

Greetings all.  I have a few general questions for the group:

I have a 455 (a 1976 model year engine) and 700R trans (non-electronic
speedo gear) installed in a 1946 Olds.

I want to install a TBI setup on this engine and was wondering what kinda
Ignition (distributor) could I use - it has an HEI (stock) on it now?

Also - I'm thinking about using the computer programming from a 454 - either
an SS model or a pickup. Would I be within performance parameters (I just
want a good driver - no performance camshaft but with an aluminum intake).

And, finally, what would you all suggest as to the fuel pump to use?  I've
converted other cars over to TBI but have always been able to use the
distributor from the donor vehicle.  In the case of my 455 - there are no
donor TBI units that I am aware of.

What are the thoughts about my project?

Thanks.  Wade.