LT1 DIS or CoilNearPlug Almost here

rah at horizon.hit.net rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu May 30 05:37:59 UTC 2013

>     Electromotive has DIS (or) CNP setup avail for LT1s , Batch Or
>     Sequential ,  HPV1- 8 Clyinder [ Configured to Order ].
>     Virginia ,  ( 703 ) 331.0100.   Available :  Now.  FYI.
>     Len

Len,

1. The don't make it anymore-they claimed that the could not make it for a low
enough price to be saleable (that was their story), I suspect that they had
"problems" that they were not willing to admit to.

2. It has serious issues - the crank trigger sensors have a life of less than a
year, and the failure is *not* documented or admitted to.   Even though both me
an another had *exactly* the same symptoms, electromotive did not ever admit to
the problem.  The base problem was that when cold the crank trigger does not
work correctly after it gets older (cold is under about 50 F).   And when it
fails in this way it does not fail gracefully or in a manner that is easy to
determine.   We debugged mine by putting a sparc checker on it, and realized
that the last 4 cylinders were not getting fired.   My car would run correctly
after it warmed up, and the other person actually used a hair dryer to warm it
up so it would work.   Both sets of symptoms were debugged separately and we
both make the same conclusions, we only talked after we had both figured out
the issue.

And given the discussions I had with electromotives tech people I cannot
recommend and will not buy any products from them again.

Besides me there are at least 2 others who have had serious issues with the
crank trigger and are not running the opti-eliminator anymore.   The product
appears to be worse than the opti in terms of reliablity.

Roger