[Gmecm] OT - alternative refrigerant test... HFC152A

Jay Vessels jay
Mon May 13 01:24:34 UTC 2013

Hi there!

Interesting. I've been reading about alternatives to R134a since my '82
S-10 Sport needs a new compressor.  I have a new compressor,
receiver/dryer, and orifice tube for it, as well as new O-rings but I
haven't installed any of it yet.  I was planning on an R134a conversion
(Dad and I have done quite a few over the years).  With R12, it would
get so cold in the cab of my S-10 that you could hang meat in there :)
so I figured that the condenser and evaporator are adequate for R134a.

I was going to ask what your high side pressures were (in case they were
getting really high) but you mentioned in your video that you don't have
a high side gauge...

Did you add any oil to the system, and if you did, what kind?

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2007 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean, 3.0R