[Wbo2] problem with heater circuit

bcroe at juno.com bcroe
Wed Jun 29 01:14:23 UTC 2005

When you apply power (at least 13 volts), you should
observe 1.25 volts across the big 1 ohm R4.  The
voltage across J1-J2 should start around 4 volts and
rise over half a minute to 10.2 volts.  At than point
this voltage will stabilize, and the voltage across R4
should gradually decrease 5 % to 10%.  If it doesn't
decrease, add some 15 ohm 1/4 watt resistors in
parallel with R4 to get near 10%.

If you haven't already, add the heater ckt anti oscillation
capacitor, any .01 to .1 cap connected to D5 pins 1 & 3.

Bruce Roe