Project update

John S Gwynne jsg
Wed Aug 3 20:01:35 GMT 1994

--------
HARDWARE
Currently:

I hope to have to the 68HC000 debugged and running by late September. I now
have all the parts for the main board and am in the process of wire-wrapping
the proto-type. Latter (more expensive) versions will probably switch to
something in the CPU32 family.

Next:

I intend to digitize sensor data (i.e., MAP, RPM, ...) and look at their
spectral content to determine sampling rates. If others have similar data
please share it with us.

SOFTWARE

- Can we come up with a means of calibrating the fuel map of a speed/density
system without the use of a dynamometer?

- Dale Ulan posted several weeks ago with regards to Acceleration Enrichment:
      "Ideally, you would model the fuel thickness in the intake manifold
      between the injector and valve, which would require air temp,
      manifold temp, manifold vacuum/pressure, and probably an estimation
      of the willingness of the air to accept the gasoline as a vapour.
      This is something for someone who has done research on this
      area... if you can model it, you don't have to spend as much
      time tuning..."
Is anyone familiar with related research in this area? Is there someone with
this experience that we may be able to recruit and have answer a few
questions? I'm willing to take a guess at some means of controlling the
acceleration enrichment, but it would be helpful (and maybe even interesting)
to see it related to theory. Your comments are appreciated.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu
               T h e   O h i o - S t a t e   U n i v e r s i t y
    ElectroScience Laboratory, 1320 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212, USA
                Telephone: (614) 292-7981 * Fax: (614) 292-7292