EEV-IV computer information

Chuck Fry chucko at freud.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 19 21:04:15 GMT 1994

   From: king at khis.com (Robert King)
   Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 10:39:06 -0500 (CDT)

      Well, my Mass-Air conversion kit came in today from Maximum
   Motorsports!  I have a few questions recarding the kit though:

      1)  The kit came with a Cobra 70mm sensor.  Considering this will
	  eventually be installed on a mildly modified 302 (.030 over,
	  GT-40 unported heads, E303 cam, MAC 1 5/8" headers, roller
	  lifters...) will the Cobra meter be too restrictive, or do I
	  need to look into a bigger meter when the new engine is installed?`

What are you using for a throttle body?  70 mm sounds about right,
considering that the somewhat milder '88-93 5.0 Mustangs used a 55 mm
MAF.  MAFs have a limited dynamic range, so too big is as bad for idle
as too small would be for WFO.

I went with a 77 mm for a similar motor, but then I got a hell of a deal
on a used one.  I would have gone with a 73 mm Pro-M Bullet had this
deal not materialized.

 -- Chuck