EEV-IV computer information

Robert King king at khis.com
Fri Aug 19 15:51:52 GMT 1994

   Well, my Mass-Air conversion kit came in today from Maximum
Motorsports!  I have a few questions recarding the kit though:

   1)  The kit came with a Cobra 70mm sensor.  Considering this will
       eventually be installed on a mildly modified 302 (.030 over,
       GT-40 unported heads, E303 cam, MAC 1 5/8" headers, roller
       lifters...) will the Cobra meter be too restrictive, or do I
       need to look into a bigger meter when the new engine is installed?`

   2)  I'd like to decode the information on the computer.  Here it
       is:

          EEC-IV   SFI-MA12A      REMAIN       C3W1
          F3Zf-12A650-FB-MR          131136
          R1SM12AF13       332-0161            3K07

       This is on a white plastic sticker on the wiring harness connector.
       Its *supposed* to be a 49-state legal unit for an automatic.  The
       salesman at Maximum Motorsports sait it will work well with a
       5-speed, and he thinks it gives just a *bit* more power (besides,
       the 5-speed ECM's were back-ordered.)

   It sure will be nice to get away from Speed-Density!

-- Robert King

| Robert A. King                |                                       |
| Systems Software Engineer     |                                       |
| Kodak Health Imaging Systems  |    "I drank WHAT?!?" -- Socrates      |
| king at khan.khis.com            |                                       |