Ford EEC_IV control systems

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Fri Aug 19 00:10:33 GMT 1994

> Could you post some specifics - like what processor and what chips are on
> the board.  I understand the ford system has the prom solder in place - and
> maybe even potted.  Could a standoff be solder in its place?  Are we
> talking surface mount or .100 lead spacing stuff? (I think they started
> them in 1982ish - kinda early for surface mount no?

the EEC IV ECM's all use a proprietary PROM which is suppsedly totally
different (pinouts and voltages) than any standard part.  I've never
played with one, but from what I understand there is an interface port
on the side of the box where you can plug in a module with its own prom.
This is what the aftermarket PROM makers do, sell you a module to plug
into that port, and the module interfaces a standard prom.

Jonathan R. Lusky  --  lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
 "Turbos are nice but I'd rather be blown!"
    68 Camaro Convertible - 350 / TH350
       80 Toyota Celica - 20R / 5spd