Fords MAF

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Tue Aug 23 00:57:52 GMT 1994

DIRK BROER writes:
> Also it seems the aftermarket MAF sensors are geared to a specific injector
> size.  So on a mustang you can buy 77MM MAF - tuned for both 19lbs and
> 24lbs injectors.

Yeah, these things are calibrated so that you'll get a correct fuel
curve with the larger injectors without chaning the ecm calibration, but
it royally screws up the spark curve.  Mike Wesley said he can get
15-20% more power out of most Vortech blown 'Stangs with aftermarket
MAF sensors/big injectors just by fixing the spark curve.

Jonathan R. Lusky  --  lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
 "Turbos are nice but I'd rather be blown!"
    68 Camaro Convertible - 350 / TH350
       80 Toyota Celica - 20R / 5spd