Hello

Chris Myer cmyer at CyberAuto.Com
Thu Dec 22 18:09:47 GMT 1994

Just wanted to make my presence known here on the list, and possibly
inject (ooh, bad joke) some useful information.  I didn't know if we
had access to any backposts, so pardon me if I am repeating stuff
that was said before I joined the list.

First, I am not an EFI buff.  I have more knowledge of "old school"
techniques for making a car run fast.  However, I do have a strong
knowledge of engines in addition to my EE background.

Second, is anyone familiar with AEM (Advanced Engine Management) out
of LA, Cali?  These guys have a TON of knowledge about fuel and
engine management systems.  They have developed a Throttle-Body
very similar to the DCOE Weber Carb, with an injector in each
intake manifold.  They sell these, along with a host of engine management
goodies from Motec, Electromotive, and others.  If this isn't
something that has already been discussed, I can provide more
information.

Third, I work for Harris.  I am awaiting word on a transfer to the DSP
applications group of their Semiconductor Sector.  This group is a sister
organization to the Automotive Controls group mentioned a few posts
ago.  _If_ my transfer is approved, I can serve as a point of contact
for Harris databooks, etc.  I am not too sure about part samples, but
that is also a possiblity.  As far as the DSP and Data Acquisition
group, I would have basically a open agenda to develop new applications
in this area.  Obviously, I would love to use Harris DSP/DAQ parts to
do new work in the EFI area.  I'll let you know if this dream becomes
a reality.

Hope everybody has an excellent Holiday Season, and I look forward to
learning (and teaching?) some new things in this group.

Chris
(Nifty .sig being designed...)