OEM EFI mods?

sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com
Wed Jun 15 15:34:58 GMT 1994

>Are any FAQs available for production EFIs?  Chilton manuals
>are *very* limited when it comes to inner workings.  I'd
>like to adapt/modify an OEM system and avoid the hassles
>associated with a complete design....at least for the moment.

>Would a discussion on the subject be appropriate/welcomed here?

No problem here. I've been net-surfing for the same info, with not
a lotta luck.

Mitchell's manuals give better diagrams of things, as well as the
manufacturer's service manuals. The tech schools usually get a lot
of in-depth info from the man's, but I never could find any ECM
diagrams. I wonder if the ECM rebuilders would be any help. They
probably have a non-disclosure agreement against that, though.

The tech school stuff had waveforms of crank/cam trigger timing,
as well as more fuel system details.

When they come out with this OBD-II thing, it will probably be easier
to get information. The OBD spec itself is to be published by the SAE,
I think.

What are you trying to adapt?

Dig
sdbartho at hwking.cca.rockwell.com