Using the MC68332?

Evernden_Wes_A/lcs_system3 at system3.lcs.gov.bc.ca Evernden_Wes_A/lcs_system3 at system3.lcs.gov.bc.ca
Fri Jun 24 22:14:09 GMT 1994

I found it. It's an ftp site and there is a u at the begining of alberta.

bode.ee.ualberta.ca
----------
From: owner-diy.efi; cmcalstr
To: DIY.EFI
Subject: Re: Using the MC68332?
Date: Friday, June 24, 1994 2:05PM

<<File Attachment: REUSINGT.TXT>>
>    So - has anyone out there (if there *is* anyone out there!) ever
>used the Motorola 68332, or related product?  I've heard a lot of great
>things about this chip, but how much work is needed to develop a system?
>Is there a commonly available compilier, preferably in C?  How about
>an evaluation or prototype system, which has the RAM, EEPROM (flash would
>be nice), A/D's, serial port, etc?
>   I'm really interested in this chip, esp. because of it's supposed built
>in functions for finding missing teeth, etc.  I've had bad experiences trying
>to do that with analog (phase locked loop) systems - I'd like to try the
>digital route this time.

Motorola has EVBs for the 68332.  You can also find data about the chip at
bode.ee.alberta.ca ( i hope that is correct ).  There is a port for a C
compiler available along with freeware assemblers.

The Motorola databook for this chip gives a sample of an engine
management system, fuel injection, crank trigger, and ignition.  They
don't give you any circuits but hint that it shoud be pretty simple.

Cary McCallister