Another first post...

Bob Valentine ravalent at mailbox.syr.edu
Thu May 5 08:17:23 GMT 1994

>development in the area of engineering-type tools.  I'm good at
>programming, but I am lacking in the EE dept.  I feel 110% confident that
>I could program an EFI system, but I don't have a good understanding of
>the hardware involved.

    Well, I'm sort of the opposite.  I'm a undergrad CS major with
plenty of FI hardware experience.  (I used to work summers in a junkyard
as a mechanic.  You learn FAST about all the systems, and how to
modify/repair factory systems with little instrumentation) I'd love to
build my own FI controller (see below), but I'm lacking in the
engineering department.

    My current "eternal resto project" is a '71 Cutlass.   It's a Olds
350 powered beast; in the late 70's/early 80's GM made a manifold for
these motors that was setup for port FI.   I have several of the
manifolds, but need a controller.

    Right now, I'm just trying to amass as much information as
possible.  Of course, this list has to come alive 1 week before I
leave school w/ easy mail access.   (But it's better than never!)

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                 --> ravalent at mailbox.syr.edu <--
           "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"