Work from START - - - - - > FINISH

John S Gwynne jsg
Fri May 6 01:45:15 GMT 1994

(Message jsg:109)
Date: Thu,  5 May 94 17:47:27 CDT
From: Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Subject: re: Work from START - - - - - > FINISH
To: twisto.eng.hou.compaq.com!wotan!coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu!Diy_Efi-Owner

ST3XD at Jetson.UH.EDU Wrote:
| Before we hammer out software and control algorithyms we really
| need to figure out what kind of hardware setup we are going to
| use.
|
| Is it 8048, 8051, 8086, 80186, 6800, 6500, 68000, or what?

Lets keep all the discussions going.  I am personally more interested in
the control algorithms than the hardware itself, but the hardware issues
need to be resolved also.  We have two basic choices:
microcontroller (8052, 6811, etc). and CPU (80x86, 680x0).  I would say
that in the interests of cheapness and simplicity the microcontroller
provides the best solution, but that is IMO.  Maybe we should bat ideas
around for a week or so, then have a vote.  we are probably still picking
up new people who have valuable opinions, so no need to rush things.  I'm
enjoying just reading what has been posted so far.

also, if anyone has access to things we are likely to need like pcb routing
and etching, compilers for whatever processor we decide on, etc., they
should speak up.  Hardly anyone will have all the
resources to do all this, but between us we should be able to put all the
pieces together.

--steve