Some thoughts and questions on EFI

The_Mechanic efrank at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Fri May 6 02:43:50 GMT 1994

This is great.   Perhaps we should all set up some sort of "standards" or
at least a list of reference measurements like Dirk listed below?

This way, all work would be complimentary and mutually beneficial.

A couple of quick questions (from an electronics-ignorant ME type guy):

- the 68HC11 microcontroller chip is an 8 bit unit, right? Is there a
similiar chip available in a 16 bit architecture?  Would it even be
nescessary?

- it would be great to develop a system with some accompanying software
so that a laptop PC could interface "Real time" with the engine computer.
Adjustments could be made "on the fly" with the engine running.  This
would be wonderful on the dyno.  Also, an interface that would port
information over to the Superflow SF-901 software would also be real
cool.  Are these out of reach?

I think its already time for some sort off FAQ/STANDARDS/REFERENCES type
article...

Erik