Modularity, not platform should be the idea.

MTN-KAT met at pine.cse.nau.edu
Tue May 17 16:10:17 GMT 1994

This is just my opinion of course but...
I am going to use the 6811, some people are going to use a miniboard, others
will use whatever. I think that there has been too mush worry about which
platform we should ALL use. If we do this in modules then everyone can apply
the modules as is pertinent to their individual needs and desires.
I realize that there are some who are EE who don't have programming and some
CSE who don't have electronics. These are pretty small problems as far as I can
see.
We are to work as a team on this project, the EE's can design the electronics
and the CSE's can do their thing. As far as what is needed for this project,
we can do it all if we have everyone do a piece. One or two people can work on
this sensor input or that crank position idea or some other bit.
I noticed that there were some people who got all worked up with the idea that
we must do this as one big spaghetti deal, kinda like BASIC programming.
Everyone who has taken programming has been taught modularity, lets apply this
to our project.

I'll tackle the crank trigger and my idea for a digital logic board that only
requires 4 bits to operate the 8 or 16 injectors that I am considering using.
8 injectors for gasoline and 16 for Alky, which I'd really like to use.
The digital board will be completely portable and I also have an idea to have
it parse the signals so that only 2 bits will be required to run 16 injectors.
If you are running less than 8 cylinders it is very easy to set it up for as
few or as many cylinders as you need.

Millam