No Subject

John S Gwynne jsg
Tue May 17 18:17:57 GMT 1994

| Ok, now we need some way of posting schematics, etc.  Is there a site
| we can use, and what format should we use?  I would guess that postscript
| is the best general purpose format for graphics.  Previewers and
| converters are available for most platforms.  In addition, postscript
| can directly drive a high-resolution printer to make etching masks, etc.

A short time ago I asked for comments about using the World-Wide Web (WWW)
for this purpose (i.e., Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) viewed by Mosaic or
some other WWW browser) At the time no one objected and Robert Fridman (which
I personally would like to thank for his time and effort) has been working on
a home page for us. While I'll let Robert present his ideas himself, I think
you will find this approach to be well suited to the needs of this
group. Topics in the home page include:

	Introduction to diy_fi
        Topics of interest
        Work in progress (who built or is building what)
        Info on components (micro controllers, injectors, sensors, ...)
        Info on catalogues/books (Bosch material, performance catalogues,
                                stuff from Motorola/Intel)
        Archive of articles     (maybe categorized by topic)
        List of members with www home pages

Hypertext is well suited to the task of integrating figures (schematics)
with text and providing "links" between related topics. Re-read the past
posting on this, and if there is disagreement over this means of
exchange, I would like to hear it BEFORE the server goes on-line (maybe a
week from now). Post to DIY_EFI.

Note: hypertext can be printed out in postscript for those who do not have
access to the WWW, but the links are not as easy to follow.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu