Found.. 8051 FAQ.

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Wed Nov 2 03:30:46 GMT 1994

Hi there,

While the general concensus of this list is to use a 68xxx processor,
I'm using an 8051 as i/ I've used it before ii/ the 8xC552 has all of
the features required for this sort of project iii/ I've got an 8051
based development kit.

Anyway, I was trying to find assemblers/compilers for free and was
pointed to the comp.sys.intel newsgroups "8051 faq" as a source of
FTPable stuff. I haven't read it in detail, but it looks like there's a
lot of nice stuff out there.

Here's a quick list of where it's available:

Host plaza.aarnet.edu.au
    Location: /usenet/FAQs/comp.sys.intel
Host freebsd.cdrom.com
    Location: /.9/rtfm/comp.sys.intel
Host ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
    Location: /pub/doc/faq/comp.sys.intel
Host ftp.rz.uni-ulm.de
    Location: /pub/news-faq/comp.sys.intel
Host rimbaud.polytechnique.fr
    Location: /pub/faq-by-newsgroup/comp/comp.sys.intel

Now, back to an EFI question.

This is what I plan to do to get it running:

I'm going to just use a "3-D" look-up table, with RPM on one axis and
load on the other (load being just engine vacuum level for starters).
The location pointed to by RPM and load will be a number that is used
for a counter that turns on the injectors:

I plan to use 4 bits (=16 points) for the RPM axis and 5 bits (=32
points) for the load axis, giving a total of 512 settings - (Co
incidentally the same way that other well known controllers are laid
out).

Once I get an engine to run then I'll start thinking about an
accelerator pump, cold starting, over-run cut off, altitude compensation,
EGO correction etc etc etc.

Does the 3D table sound described above sound like a reasonable
implementation? Has anyone tried something like this before?

Craig.