admin: group purchase of chips

Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Mon Nov 7 17:14:36 GMT 1994

John S Gwynne <jsg at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu> Wrote:

| As we have seen posted in the last few days, there are a number of chip
| available, but only in quantity, that would make our EFI designs
| smaller, more reliable, and easier to build. Injector controllers, O2
| sensor buffers, CPU's (anyone want to try to split a brick of, say,
| 68333's or 68332's?), etc.
|
| Question(s):
|
| (1) Are you interested?
yes.

| (2) Anyone want to volunteer? I could make the purchase (if you
| couldn't), but I don't have the time to collect money and
| distribute the parts....
I saw that someone else volunteered (whew)... Here's an idea....
Why don't people write in with what they know of, where it's available, price,
etc.  I'll collect the list, and post it back when suggestions run dry.  Then
decide on what sounds interesting, etc.  For now, I'd say lets limit it to
chips/components (ie no group buys for Bosch FI computers, etc).

ALSO, I am very much in favor of purchasing a pre-printed circuit board rather
than wire-wrapping.  I have seen ads from several places that will print 2
double sided boards w/plated thru holes for ~$90 total (ie $45 apiece).  I'm
sure it'd be cheaper in larger quantity.  Maybe once the group buy parts have
been selected, we could get a board design put together and buy boards in
quantity also?....

So for now, lets see those suggestions for parts....

--steve