admin: group purchase of chips

Dale Ulan ulan at ee.ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 8 02:22:01 GMT 1994

> John S Gwynne <jsg at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu> Wrote:
>
> | sensor buffers, CPU's (anyone want to try to split a brick of, say,
> | 68333's or 68332's?), etc.

68332's are available from ElectroSonic up here in Canada, but they are
going for $45.00 each. They are available in whatever quantity you
want, however. Anything from one all the way up to thousands.

> etc.  I'll collect the list, and post it back when suggestions run dry.  Then
> decide on what sounds interesting, etc.  For now, I'd say lets limit it to
> chips/components (ie no group buys for Bosch FI computers, etc).

>ALSO, I am very much in favor of purchasing a pre-printed circuit board rather

I'm just laying out a PC board for a 68332-based EFI computer. My application
has four injector drivers on it, although it's going onto a 3-cylinder.
It also has TTL level outputs for four ignition coils, which allows it
to be used for any engine from a one-cylinder all the way up to a V8.
True SEFI is available for 1-4 cylinder engines, though. 5-cylinders are
a bit awkward, as well.

After I get a prototype PC board made up and tested, I wouldn't mind
building up several of such boards... this will happen sometime in
January or February. If there's interest, anyways.

-Dale