EFI mapping ideas.

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Thu Nov 10 01:14:46 GMT 1994

> >One problem with using a 255 RPM x 255 LOAD = 64K settings - >impractical
> >(impossible) to calibrate each and every one of those points.
>
> No, you misunderstood.  The map in the EFI box has 17 x 17 x 8 bits = 289 bytes
> stored.  These are the values the user can modify.  What I do is 4 point linear
> interpolation between the 4 points nearest to the desired value.

OK, so the user has to calibrate 289 points, right? -A lot less than 64K
:-)

Then you interpolate between the settings if the value.

EG:
Injector on-time

|          **#
|        #*   **
|       *       *#       (#= user calibrated)
|      *                 (*= computer interpolated)
|     *
|    #
     ^   ^   ^   ^       (^=points where the user calibrates)
(At a fixed engine RPM)

So, you are interpolating between 2 points on the RPM axis and 2 points
on the Load axis, making an overall interpolation between 4 points?
If it works properly it should be quite nice.