OEM algorithms (DSM)

Jim Conforti jec at us.dynix.com
Thu Nov 10 16:45:30 GMT 1994

On Thu, 10 Nov 1994, it was written:

> Ok, so what were these special cases so we can think about them for our
> engines?

  Ok .. let me try to get a few 0.01 in here ;)

  First let me define my "speak" ...

  RPM is well .. rpm

  LOAD, however ... think MAP for the speed-density guys,
                    and think MAF/RPM (airflow per rev or stroke)
                    for the measured air guys ..

  Here's just a few of the "special" tweeks in the Bosch stuff ..

  Spark .. retard on accel, adv. on decel
           main spark f(rpm, load)
           adapted by f(engt) and f(airt) [charge temp. for the turbo guys]

  Fuel .. = LOAD * Kbpw * VE(rpm, load)
            adapted by
            Decel Fuel cutoff
            Post Start Enrichment f(engt)*f(speed,load)
            Warmup enrichement  f(engt)*F(speed,load)
	    Accel enrich f(rpm)*f(engt)

  The TRICK come in how you handle the nultitude of binary possibilities
  that arise from the diff. conditions of engt, accel, decel, load, rpm
  and airt that affect both driveability and emissions ...

  Jim