67F687 / CSP3000

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Wed Nov 16 06:03:45 GMT 1994

Hi there,

I went looking on our CD rom data sheet system today for the 67F687
engine peripheral interface. I also went looking for other related
stuff, but for some reason it will only search for keywords that
describe the general class (The 67F687 is listed under Linear special
application interface peripherals.. I couldn't find it by doing a search
for the word 'engine' or 'car' etc..)

It seems to be a RISC microcontroller with a few engine related
inputs/outputs. It doesn't look like it has as good features as the
67F687 for timing control though.

Anyway, here is the description of the device. I could find no data
sheets for it, but it's made by ITT:

The Car Signal Processor (CSP3000) is a signal processor designed for use
in automotive applications. 24 analog inputs and 8 PWM outputs represent
the interfaces with the analog world. The digital, 12 bits wide I/O port
and two serial bus interfaces permit the exchange of digital data within
the application or between processors.

The 24 analog inputs are switched via an autoscan logic with a
programmable sampling time to a 10 bit a-d convertor. The data is made
available to the fast processor (FP) via a register file.

This RISC processor has a word length of 12 bits and processes up to 32
MIPS. Quasi-analog outputs can be made through the FP via the 8 PWM
outputs - each with 16 bits resolution and with selectable repetition
rate and clock pulse frequency.

The switch-on and switch-off times are seperately adjustable for each
output, which avoids possible interferance of the vehicle electrical
system due to switching on all PWMS at the same time. For safety
reasons, two reset systems are available. A processor reset (eg by
watchdog) does not alter the PWM settings, therefore.

FEATURES OF THE CSP:
- 12 Bit RISC processor (FP)
- 256 words of internal RAM (12 bit)
- 2048 works of internal ROM (20 bit)
- internal clock generator
- 12 Bidirectional IO lines
- 2 serial ports
- up to 24 analog inputs
- 8 PWM outputs
- up to 24 digital inputs
- all digital inputs with hysteresis
- 2 independant RESET pins for FP and PWM system
- PLCC 68 package
- EMU version available in 132 pin LLCC package

Craig.

PS Any other references to good peripheral chips out there?