Various comments

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Thu Oct 27 01:29:29 GMT 1994

John S Gwynne writes:

> --------
>
>    In message <m0r0JAv-000CuZC at knuth.mtsu.edu> , you write:
>
> | I'm not sure where mine came from.  I know Omega makes some.  The are
> | just normal K-type thermocouples encased in a thin 12" stainless steel
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | probe.  I'm not sure how much they cost.
>   ^^^^^
> This doesn't sound like the "pictures" I've seen with bosses welded onto the
> manifold holding the thermocouples. Would you elaborate... 12" - why so long?
> Is this something you just hold against the manifold to make a measurement?

12" was really excessive, but it was the only size the supplier we
bought them from had, and they were a heckuva lot cheaper than Omega. :)
We had bosses welded to our headers that were tapped for 1/8" NPT.
The probes were about 1/16 diameter and came with compression fittings
the screwed into 1/8" NPT.  Looks just like the pictures you see in most
magazines, except our probes were longer than most peoples :).

Jonathan R. Lusky                        lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
http://frank.mtsu.edu:8001/~lusky/          (615) 455-9915