Injection of a siamesed(sp?) head

Andrei Chichak agc at mercury.uah.ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 1 18:12:03 GMT 1994

At  9:04 AM 9/1/94 +0930, Don Gossink wrote:
>After many discussions with people all over the place, the best solution would
>involve six injectors. Two Large ones and four smaller ones, this shouldn't
>be to bad for a standard cpu to handle seeing most handle up to 8 injectors.
>

>Anyway why 6?
>Ill attempt to Draw how they should be placed
>

>                                Cylinder Head
>
>Inlet Manifold               \ | /  \ | /
>                             *\ /*  *\ /*
>                               #      #
>
># - Large Injectors
>* - smaller injectors.
>Goodluck
>
>Don

Interesting idea, now two supplimentary questions:

1) are there injectors small enough to do this task, the beast I'm looking
at is a 60 over 1275 Cooper 'S which weighs in at about 1330CC...aren't 6
injectors going to have a problem OPENING with a pulse that narrow?

2) since the timing is 1342 or equivalently 34-21 the cylinders within the
intake ports are 180 degrees apart.  How long do injectors have to be
quiescent before you can hit them again.   In your diagram, or with a total
of 2 injectors, you are asking the large injectors to dance to a Reggae
beat, will they have a problem closing reliably at higher RPM?

Andrei

--
Andrei Chichak                   | Information Systems
agc at mercury.uah.ualberta.ca      | University of Alberta Hospitals