Injection of a siamesed(sp?) head

Don Gossink don at spri.levels.unisa.edu.au
Fri Sep 2 01:21:51 GMT 1994

> Blah

>Interesting idea, now two supplimentary questions:

>1) are there injectors small enough to do this task, the beast I'm looking
>at is a 60 over 1275 Cooper 'S which weighs in at about 1330CC...aren't 6
>injectors going to have a problem OPENING with a pulse that narrow?

Yes, there are a variety of injectors available, lets see Ducatti use multipoint
injection on their 750cc bikes.
Suzuki, use multipoint injection on the swift (1000cc - 1300cc car).

Just as apoint of interest my little fire breather being built is a balanced
and blueprinted 1310cc (Cooper 'S' motor) withg lots of nice little goodies in
it.

>2) since the timing is 1342 or equivalently 34-21 the cylinders within the
>intake ports are 180 degrees apart.  How long do injectors have to be
>quiescent before you can hit them again.   In your diagram, or with a total
>of 2 injectors, you are asking the large injectors to dance to a Reggae
>beat, will they have a problem closing reliably at higher RPM?

Of course injectors should be able to cope with this sort of treatment,
I mean to say the Rover offering has to open and close 4 times as often as
a multipoint version and apparently it is very reliable above 7000rpm.

The question is how hard are you going to turn your engine over. I'm aiming
for an upper bound of 8000rpm myself. A word of caution though you get what
you pay for.
I think the harder problem is supplying the fuel pressure for the fuel rail.
Where to put the extra fuel pump? It must be near the engine but where?

Don