Something a little different

Steve Baldwin steveb at kcbbs.gen.nz
Fri Sep 2 06:29:18 GMT 1994

In the interest of getting the traffic moving again, maybe somebody has
some ideas for me to pursue.

The motor I want to play with is a flathead for which I have a blower.
This motor is most likely to see service in a deuce coupe so looks count
as much as the other benefits of re-inventing the wheel.

Since the motor is blown, I have to run the fuel through from the top
rather than port injecting to keep the blower cool. Port injection on
the flathead would require the injectors in the valley to get the charge
to hit the valve head anyway. I'm not too keen on that.

So since the mixture is going to get all munched up in the blower, there
is little advantage in individually controlled injectors. What I am
thinking of is similar to the Hilborn type of setup but with a bit more
control than used with the standard pill arrangement. Sort of
progressive use of injectors combined with PWM to the distribution
block. I really haven't thought this part out too far yet, so I'm open
to any suggestions or comments.

What sort of pressure ranges do the injector nozzles used in nitrous
systems use ?

Steve.