sensor vendors

Dan Bocek dan at di.com
Thu Sep 8 07:20:13 GMT 1994

There seems to have been a lot of talk about what type of sensors are
needed for an EFI system, but not much about where to get them (aside
from the junk yard - tough to get data on those!).  I need a cheap
pressure transducer (prefferably PC board mountable) that can measure
0 to ~45 psi absolute pressure and that can stand up to the high
tempurature of turbocharged whipped up air and to the dissolving effect of
the occasional gasoline/oil/hydrocarbon molecule that's bound to fly
through it every now and then.  I've seen plenty of adds for this type of
transducer in "Sensor" magazine, but they're all designed for industrial
applications, and are a coupla hundred bucks apiece!  Where does the
automotive industry buy their sensors?  How do you buy stuff from Bosch
directly?

Since people also seem to be interested in knock sensors, does anyone
know anything more about the Analog Devices part number AD22030 than is
mentioned in the feeble preliminary data sheet?  It's listed as a
monolithic, dual input knock-sensor interface circuit - it would be
perfect for our application - but I have a feeling it's probably just
vapor-ware.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.
--

                                                    Dan Bocek
                                                    dan at di.com