No Subject

Steve Ravet sravet at heimdall.eng.hou.compaq.com
Mon Sep 26 22:56:30 GMT 1994

hey folks --
There is a list of PCB manufacturers in the FAQ for sci.electronics
that will do small runs.  I have included one in particular that
sounded good, there are many more.  John, is there a way we could
turn your design into a two layer board?  This particular outfit
will produce two double sided plated thru hole boards 4x5 for about
$80 or so.  well worth it, in my opinion.  Anyway, I'd like to
see your schematics, but i don't have access to any kind of layout
software.  can you generate a gif or postscript file?

--steve

ps i'm mailing this from an alternate site 'cause my mailer is down.
hope this makes it.  oh yeah, i forgot how much i *hate* vi

--- included message ---

   Where can I get a PCB commercially manufactured? V1.02

   This is a list of services that will produce PCBs for you from artwork
   or software files. I will not say which I have used so as not to bias
   this list :-) Please send any additions, corrections, testimonials,
   experiences to me at filip at alpha.med.pitt.edu

   ####
   A.P. Circuits Ltd. #14-3650
   19th Street NE., Calgary,
   Alberta, Canada, T2E 6V2.
   Tel: 1-403-250-3406
   BBS: 1-403-291-9342 (9600 baud 8,N,1)
   -------------------

   (From Chris Guli)

   I'm moderately experienced with home fabrication of PCBs, but the more
   I look at it, the more attractive a PCB house looks. I've come across
   a Canadian vendor [this one] that will produce two 4x5" board, DS/PTH,
   for about $79 total. The per board price goes down as total area
   increases. You have to consider your time, so out-sourcing may be
   worth it.

   (from their ad in Electronics Now)

     * Plated thru hole PCB's prototype quantities
     * Two board or $25 minimum
     * Fast, economical.
     * For complete information call or write us

   (From Alan Ruff)

   They have a file called NEWUSER.ZIP on thier BBS that customers can
   get and work out their own quote. This is for a "proto1" fab with no
   mask or legend. They have the lowest price I've found so far.

   (From Darin Latimer)

   I just got my first double sided plated thru board back from AP
   CIRCUITS LTD and it looks great! I sent the Gerber files, N/C drill
   file and a Visa # by modem Monday noon and the boards (you have to
   order in multiples of 2) were here Friday morning. The pair of
   1/16"FR4, 1oz copper, 4"x5", ~350 hole boards cost $84 CANADIAN plus
   shipping (US$ ~ 1.2CAN$, and no duty because of free trade agreement).
   This is their Proto 1 price schedule which doesn't have solder or
   componment masks, silkscreen etc., although you can request them. To
   qualify for Proto 1 prices the minimum order is a total 12 square
   inches of one design and must average less than 24 holes per square
   inch. Their design rules are .008" lands and .008" spacing.

   Their Proto 2 service is more expensive but allows choice of laminate,
   solder and component masks, odd board shapes,

   For more information download NEWUSER.ZIP from their BBS at 403 291
   9342 9600,8,N,1, or mail at AP Circuits Ltd, #14-3650 - 19th Street
   NE., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2E 6V2.

   (From Mike Loving)

   Well today I got my PC boards from AP circuits. The boards look good
   though I have yet to test them. One MAJOR complaint, but it does not
   relate to the boards and I have yet to take it up with AP circuits.

   I requested ground shipping (I was not in a hurry and did not wanna
   pay for express, super-duper, extras buckos, air shipping), they sent
   next day air and billed next day air. $25 canadian for next day air,
   seems like UPS ground woulda been about 5 bux and gotten here next
   week. Just a caveat for those who are contemplating buying some
   boards. The boards look great though.