Protocol

David Cooley cooldave at nando.net
Tue Apr 11 02:47:34 GMT 1995

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995, Andrew Dennison wrote:

> It may be possible to implement the ODB1850?? (I can't remember exactly
> what it is called) standard which has been mentioned previously on
> this list.  I guess it has a standard protocol for data monitoring.
> Anyone care to shed some light on this??

Harris has a complete and inexpensive line of OBD_II SAE J1850 comm
protocol IC's.  The protocols are too complex for a mail post (unless I
had a week to write...) but the SAE publication HS-3000 is the complete
shebang...
One of the harris IC's is the HIP7030A0... It is a 68HC05 cpu with
SENDEC, crc generation etc... It only requires code and the HIP7020 Bus
tranceiver chip.
Later,
Dave Cooley
cooldave at nando.net