Protocol

H. Blemings hugh at asi1.anutech.com.au
Tue Apr 11 04:00:23 GMT 1995

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Apr 1995, David Cooley wrote:

> Harris has a complete and inexpensive line of OBD_II SAE J1850 comm
> protocol IC's.  The protocols are too complex for a mail post (unless I
> had a week to write...) but the SAE publication HS-3000 is the complete
> shebang...
> One of the harris IC's is the HIP7030A0... It is a 68HC05 cpu with
> SENDEC, crc generation etc... It only requires code and the HIP7020 Bus
> tranceiver chip.

Sounds interesting - I'm not familiar with the OBD_II protocol so can't
really comment whether it is the same as what I had in mind.  I've started
a rough document about what I had in mind and shall endeavour to post it
later on today - please feel free to comment, particularly if I'm
re-inventing the wheel :)

Cheers,
Hugh

 Hugh Blemings                         |