EFI for a Mini

G P J Collingwood G.P.J.Collingwood at durham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 08:48:11 GMT 1995

On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, Jim Buchanan wrote:

> Well, it's not quite EFI (it uses a really slick mechanical fuel metering
> system), but I'd consider getting the Bosch K-Jetronic system from a
> 1500/1600cc VW Rabbit/Golf engine.
>
> It's a very nice system, quite dependable and adapts _very_ well to
> performance mods on a VW, so it seems a likely candidate for a swap to
> another engine. I've been thinking of adapting it to an air-cooled VW at
> some point in the future.

Has anyone had experience of moving this type of injection to another engine?
Also does anyone know what years it was used on the VW Golf/Rabbit as my
Book on EFI says that in 1988 the VW had something else fitted. Also does
anyone have any opinions on how this system would perform compared to an
SU carb?

Giles
Durham/Hexham UK
1980 Mini Clubman Estate 1398cc with 1.75" SU Carb