MAP map or MAF map

Jim Conforti jec at us.dynix.com
Sat Apr 22 16:39:30 GMT 1995

On Fri, 21 Apr 1995, Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) wrote:

> I agree that the MAP is the way to go for low cost and minimal restriction.
>  It was my thought that an MAF sensor would simplify the calibration of an
> EFI system, assuming that one had the calibration curve for the actual
> sensor.  I would still want to have a MAP sensor for the ignition map.

  Guys, a MAP sensor is unneeded if you have a MAF ..

  Take the Q signal from the MAF (Air Mass Flow in kg/hr) and do this

  LOAD=(Q*k)/RPM

  Now with the proper K for the engine (cyls, etc) LOAD will be equal
  to airmass per stroke ...

  You then use this as axis one of your ign. map and RPM as axis two!

  Saves a sensor .. at least on normally aspirated engines ...

  Jim Conforti