Engine dyno for EFI project

atsakiri at ford.com atsakiri at ford.com
Tue Aug 8 12:38:36 GMT 1995

Another comment related to engine dynos ...

There also exist commerically available vehicle performance computers. If what
you're looking for is a quick, simple, and relatively inexpensive means of
evaluating the performance benefits of changes to your vehicle, this might
be the ticket.  The device I'm familiar is a small box, about 20 cm x 10 cm
x 5 cm, with an accelerometer, an LED display, and some electronics.  It
could be easily mounted to a dashboard or suction-cupped to a windshield.
It recorded 0-60 mph time, 0-100 ft time and speed, etc.  It was very
easy to use, portable, less than $500, and when used with care (i.e. average
several tests, run the vehicle both directions to minimize wind and elevation
effects) it proved helpful in evaluating supercharger changes.  I cannot
remember the name of the device, but I have seen it sold via Ford Motorsport.
Has anyone else used one of these things or recall the name?

---
Anthony Tsakiris

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.