Manifold Selection

Chris ptheriau at indirect.com
Fri Aug 25 01:20:04 GMT 1995

>Which is preferable for a 355 CI 350 HP engine, the standard TPI system
>or the LT1 engine manifold system?
>My cam degrees are 208 in, 221 exh @ 0.05 lift, lift max 0.51" in,
>0.474" exh. Dart2 Sportsman heads with 2" and 1.6" valves. With
>corvette heads the cam would peak torque at 3200 RPM & HP at 5850 RPM.
>Eric Elliott

Why are you using such a short cam on dart2's?  The factory used 242/254 on
70 LT1 vettes.  I have Dart2's with 238/245 @.05 and .58 lift.  I use the
accel/lingenfelter superram manifold with the DFI computer.  The only
problem I have is that the tire tend to lose traction even when I am trying
to leave a stop slowly. ( below 2000 rpm ).

Chris