Pressure transducers and Charge Temp

Joel A. Robinson robinj at src.usbm.gov
Fri Aug 25 22:43:06 GMT 1995

I'm wondering if any of you know a source of some inexpensive low
pressure range transducers for the purpose of finding low/high pressure
zones on my car's exterior.  Engineers use small, high precision load-cells
when doing material tests, etc but these are expensive and the pressure
range is way beyond what I need.

I don't even need actual numbers, if there was a way to hook them to a
multitestor and just measure relative voltages, that would be fine.

The reason I'm curious about the pressure is that I'm trying to find an
appropriate place to draw fresh air for my airbox and also a place to
vent heated air from the intercooler.

I would also like to get measurement of my charge temperature in various
places:  at the airbox, just before the turbo, after the turbo, before
the intercooler, after the intercooler and just before the throttle
body.  I may decide to permanently mount a guage in one place but right
now I would just like to monitor my progress when adding thermo
barriers/shields, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Joel Robinson
robinj at src.usbm.gov