Dynamometer, affordable

Graydon D. Stuckey graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
Thu Aug 31 22:38:47 GMT 1995

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Parmer wrote:

> I'd kinda like to see that mega leaf blower if anyone tries it.

A few years ago when I was in school down south, they had an aviation
program, and outside the building, they had a big radial engine out of a
very big, old airplane.  It was mounted to a test stand, with a prop, and
when started, made a great noise, and alot of wind.  It had a variable
pitch prop, so they could set it to not move any air at all, or they
could adjust it to move alot of air.
	It always stands me in awe to see thousands of HP instead of the
usual 100s that we deal with in the automotive industry.

Later,
Graydon D. Stuckey
graydon at apollo.gmi.edu
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage 1
'83 Mazda RX7 w/13B, GDS Racing Stage 58474