Propane Motor Fuel Injection

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Fri Dec 1 10:14:21 GMT 1995

-> > 1. cheap - at least here in Canada, less than half the cost of
-> gasoline

> per gallon yes, per mile, not quite.  I don't remember the exact
> number, but the energy content of propane is significantly lower than
> gasoline.

 Here in Arkansas, unleaded regular runs about 97 cents per gallon.
Propane runs $1.50.  Diesel runs around a dollar per gallon.

 Regardless of any inherent advantages of gaseous vs liquid fuels, Otto
or Diesel cycles, the major player continues to be the tax burden on the
fuel.  More than half the pump price of gasoline is tax.