More Inductive Pickup

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Fri Dec 1 06:41:24 GMT 1995

>I was told that an inductive pickup (from a timing light) will
>produce enough current to flash an LED.  I have not tried this yet,
>however, I am wondering if the pulse width from a spark is long
>enough to "see".  What is an "average" length of a spark?
>
>- Bruce

I kinda doubt this, but I will get out the scope and mag pickup this weekend
and report on the results Monday.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |