DIY_EFI abilities and older engines

J.W. Harris jwharris at holli.com
Wed Dec 6 04:01:34 GMT 1995

>To: eppu at cc.tut.fi
>From: jwharris at holli.com (J.W. Harris)
>Subject: Re: DIY_EFI abilities and older engines
>Bcc:
>What was the 4 wire connector
>>you are using, is it the one after the module (can't remember whether
>>it had three or four pins)?
>
>This is the connector on '80s GM cars close to the dstributor the signals are
>ground, REF(rence), EST, and BYPASS.
>
>Do you want to distribute your code
>>etc. to others, I'd be very interested?
>
>Hardware probably. Code, I'm not sure. Mabye the code in assembled form
with addresses of the cal tables.  This is a ways off anyway.  Right now I'm
concentrating on the scheduler, insturmentation and SCI routines.  Next I
will write the interrupt handlers for the refrence pulse and EST channels.
Finally I'll do the timing algorithim (2D lookup table).  Someday EFI will
probably be added since it is a simple add on at least as far as hardware
and timer code are concerned.  I have the digital core schematics done in
OrCad format but don't have a way to scan them.  The interface board is not
designed but should be pretty straightforeward. I'm in the process of
building a vehicle intent copy of the hardware.

>Mabye Later I'll write up something on how the hardware works and post it
when I get some time and get to a good stoping point in the code.

J.W. Harris                                          Delco Electronics Corp.
Project Engineer                                     One Corporate Center
Powertrain Electronics                               M.S. CT40C
                                                     Kokomo, IN 46904-9005
jwharris at kocrsv01.delcoelect.com

Of course, all responses are my own and should not be mistaken for those of
Delco Electronics or General Motors.