Doug has no Power

Mark Boxsell mrb at mail.mpx.com.au
Fri Dec 8 23:33:17 GMT 1995

>Mark,
>in answer
>a	42mm and 40 have been used with similiar top end power
>
>b + c	Yes 12 static 32 full( For both FI and Carb).
>	On dyno we tried 25-38 on injection
>	and got power loss both times
>
>d	dont have the exacy numbers here at work but were like this
>
>	Carb Kw		FI Kw
>4000	55		40
>5000	70		50
>6000	88		60
>7000	93		70
>8000	95		70
>
>e	Yes but having a different person do it today again
>
>Thanks
>

>--
>Doug Robson	Sydney 	Australia
>doug at cia.com.au				| Thank God for
>Club Car Racing Register of NSW		|    Gravity
>1992/93 Under 2 litre State Champion	|

Doug,
      Sorry I did not get back to you. I made a fatal mistake, I asked
Telecom to install a new fax line and some extentions to my existing phone
line and in the process they killed everything. This happened Tuesday
afternoon !!!!!!
I have had a similar thing, to your problem, in setting up a 1600cc off-road
buggy. Try this, get some 42mm Weber chokes and "race tape" them in the
trumpets of the 50 mm throttle bodies and tell me what happens. I think you
will be surprised!

            regards,
                       Mark Boxsell
                       MRB Design
                       Sydney  Australia

ps. To take advantage of the 50MM throttle bodies you are going to have to
get some more flow through your cylinder head. Cam, cylinder head and
exhaust all play a part. The easiest is probably a (much) bigger cam even if
someone could lend you one to try.