Undeliverable Message

MAILER-DAEMON at seb.varian.com MAILER-DAEMON at seb.varian.com
Fri Dec 29 18:47:12 GMT 1995

To:            <DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:       Hack thought for MAS system???

Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
error codes.

	VNM3036:  david atchley at m2000@tfs_bldg_6
I'm new and just getting into thoughts about modifying my current MAS
system and injectors and would like information why the this will not
work before I give it a try.

Car 92 Talon 2.0 turbocharged

I would like to enter a secondary air source down stream from the MAS
so more air is entered into the system which will be unmetered.  As I
see it the vaccum from the engine will pull from both air sources at
the same rate at any given r.p.m.  To compensate for the lean
condition(s) that would result I would install larger injectors. I
think a larger injector would provide more fuel at a given pulse width
thereby compensating for the extra airflow.  Now how bad would the pre
programed fuel curves handle this setup?  I can see the ECU able to
compensate for a idle and minor fuel difficientsies by input from the
O2 sensor.  This hack would also eliminate the fuel cut that is
experienced by turbo charged vehicles when the MAS detects too much air
entering the system.  Matching the injectors to the air flow would be
the next problem.

Thanks for any advice

JimZ