Seeking opinions on an idea...

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Sun Dec 31 07:15:39 GMT 1995

At 18:19 12/30/95 -0500, you wrote:

>Thus, my idea.  I'd use the Spica manifold, replace the mechanical injectors
>with EFI injectors, tack on a throttle position sensor, a temperature sensor,
>and a lead off the tach into some kind of simple box running in open loop
>mode.  In your opinions, is this feasable.  If so, any ideas as to
>difficulty?  Any suggestions for improvements?

 Called the Bosch Alpha-N system ....

 :)

 Used for racing, where Alpha is the throttle Angle, and N is the RPM ...

 Not really good for street use (emissions, etc) ...

 but hey, give it a shot ...

 For a bit of adaptability, add a Baro (pressure) sensor and one for
 air temp .. if you keep the engine system (from air filter to exhaust)
 constant, you can develop a system that works like a speed density...

 Use delta Throttle Angle over time to do accel enrichment ..

 I've been working on adapting a few BMW Motorsport cars (M3,5,6) to this
 system for HIGHLY specialized (true wheel-2-wheel racing) apps

 Jim Conforti