Questions....

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Wed Feb 15 23:24:20 GMT 1995

On Wed, 15 Feb 1995, Richard N Dabney wrote:

> >1) What are the differences between "peak-n-hold" and
> >saturated injectors?  Is it just the coil resistance,

> The voltage it takes to pull in an injector is greater than the voltage
> it takes to hold it on. A higher voltage limits the on/off frequency of
> the  injector because of the back-emf generated by the "saturated",

    I was under the impression that it was current that was dealt with
when driving injectors.   The description of how Cherry Semi's CS-452 is
that "when the current reaches a pre-set level, the driver reduces
current by a 4:1 ratio and operates as a constant current source.  This
holds the injector open and reduces system power dissipation"

    I'm still on a learning curve here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
            "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"